Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland
JCMB, The King's Buildings,
Peter Guthrie Tait Road,
EDINBURGH, EH9 3FD, Scotland, UK.
With a background in parasitology and freshwater ecology, I joined BioSS in 2021 as a bioinformatician and my current research interests span the following areas:
- Mapping and extending the application of kmer analysis applied to NGS data
- Development and comparison of environmental DNA bioinformatics pipelines
- Development / adaptation of genomic applications for serverless cloud computing (following on from genomics use case of EU project Cloudbutton)
- Investigating the spread of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in farm systems
- Reconstructing and validating mitochondrial phylogenies on incomplete datasets using imputation
The main programming languages I use are R, python, awk and shell scripting, and I have experience interfacing with AWS and Azure cloud environments.