Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland
JCMB, The King's Buildings,
Peter Guthrie Tait Road,
EDINBURGH, EH9 3FD, Scotland, UK.
I am employed as a fellow within EPIC, the Scottish Government's Centre for Excellence in Epidemiology, Public Health and Disease Control.
I am interested in various aspects of statistics and mathematical modeling as applied to diseases of veterinary or zoonotic importance. In particular I have worked in fields of :-
- Modelling disease spread and control
- Spatial analysis of human and animal disease data
- The use of generalised linear models for various aspects of disease data analysis
- Diagnostic test evaluation
- The use of MCMC approaches to analyse data
I believe that it is important that analysis of data is accompanied by understanding of how the data were generated. The unthinking use of standard approaches to analyse data will almost inevitably produce erroneous conclusions.