Dr Yu Song
Research Fellow at Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS), James Hutton Institute
My official BioSS page: http://www.bioss.ac.uk/staff/yu.html
- SPICY: towards automated phenotyping of large pepper plants in the greenhouse
- Non-destructive automatic leaf area measurements by combining stereo and Time-of-Flight images
- Combining stereo and Time-of-Flight images with application to automatic plant phenotyping
Posters and Presentations
- Glasbey, C.A., Horgan, G.W., Song, Y., van der Heijden, G.W.A.M., Polder, G. 2012. Image Analysis for Automatic Phenotyping. SPICY Symposium: Improving Yield Prediction, Wageningen, NL.
- van der Heijden, G.W.A.M., Song, Y., Polder, G., Horgan, G.W., Dieleman, A., Glasbey, C.A. 2011. SPICY: Large scale phenotyping of tall pepper plants in the greenhouse. 2nd International Plant Phenotyping Symposium, Julich, Germany.
- van Eeuwijk, F., van der Heijden, G.W.A.M., Song, Y., Polder, G., Dieleman, A., Glasbey, C.A. 2011. Large Scale Phenotyping In Plant Breeding: An Example In Pepper. Plant & Animal Genomes XIX Conference, San Diego, USA
- Song, Y. 2011. Image Analysis Approaches for Plant Phenotyping. Computational Biology and Bioimaging group seminar, University of Warwick, UK.
- Song, Y. 2010. Crop Growth Monitoring in Glasshouse. Horticultural Development Company (HDC) Focus on Lighting & Imagery, University of Warwick, UK.
- Polder, G., van der Heijden, G.W.A.M., Glasbey, C.A., Song, Y., Dieleman, J.A. 2009. Spy-See - Advanced vision system for phenotyping in greenhouses. In Proceedings of the MINET Conference: Measurement, sensation and cognition. pp. 115-117. National Physical Laboratory. London, UK.
- Polder, G., van der Heijden, G.W.A.M., Glasbey, C.A., Song, Y., Dieleman, J.A. 2009. Spy-See - Advanced vision system for phenotyping in greenhouses. Joint International Agricultural Conference (JIAC 2009), Wageningen, NL.
- Song, Y. 2008. Digital Imaging for Plant Growth Monitoring. Warwick HRI research seminar, University of Warwick, UK.
- Song, Y. 2008. Modelling Plant Growth from Stereo Images. Warwick Postgraduate Colloquium in Computer Science, University of Warwick, UK.
- Song, Y. 2008. Image Analysis for Plant Growth Monitoring and Quality Grading. Invited talk at the EUPHOROS meeting, Wageningen UR, NL.
- Song, Y. 2007. Geometry Measurement by Active/Passive Vision. Guest Lecture for CS403 Multimedia Processing, Communications and Storage, University of Warwick, UK.
- Song, Y. 2007. Multi-Resolution Plant Surface Modelling. Warwick Postgraduate Colloquium in Computer Science, University of Warwick, UK.
- Song, Y. 2006. A Multiresolution Approach for Stereo Correspondence and Surface Reconstruction. Computer Science research seminar, University of Warwick, UK.
- Breeding for yield, International Innovation, pp. 46-49, 2012
- See your crop with new eyes, HDC News 143, pp. 26-27, 2008
- The measurement and improvement of robust bedding plant quality and the use of digital imaging for quality assessment: So you think you know a good plant?, HDC News 139, pp. 20-21, 2007
- Digital imaging in automated crop production, Horticulture Week, July 12 2007
- Putting plant growth in the picture - image analysis for computer assisted grading and crop tracking, HDC News 128, pp. 16-18, 2006
- Firm's quids in after bright idea, Coventry Evening Telegraph & The Birmingham Post, Sep 20 2004
Below are some examples showing panoramic views 'generated' from a number of ordinary photos using latest computer vision and image analysis techniques.
The Dam square, Amsterdam, Nov. 2010
Aberystwyth beach during sunset, Sep. 2010