TetraploidMap for Windows
TetraploidMap is a graphical user interface for calculating linkage maps
for autotetraploid populations. It is suitable for handling markers scored
on two parents and the full-sib offspring of a cross between them. TetraploidMap
handles both codominant and dominant molecular markers, in all
possible configurations, and takes into account the presence of null alleles
in the analysis. It now includes a routine for QTL mapping.
TetraploidMap is free to download and use, but you must register and agree to
abide by its license first.
Selected publications related to this work include:
- HACKETT, C. A., J. E. BRADSHAW, R. C. MEYER, J. W. MCNICOL, D. MILBOURNE et al,
1998 Linkage analysis in tetraploid species: a simulation study. Genetical Research
- MEYER R. C., D. MILBOURNE, C. A. HACKETT, J. E. BRADSHAW, J. W. McNICOL et al.,1998 Linkage analysis in tetraploid potato and associations of markers with quantitative resistance to late blight (Phytophthora infestans). Mol. and Gen. Genet. 259: 150-160.
- LUO, Z. W., C. A. HACKETT, J. E. BRADSHAW, J. W. McNICOL and D. MILBOURNE 2000. Predicting parental genotypes and gene segregation for tetrasomic inheritance. Theor. Appl. Genet. 100: 1067-1073.
- LUO, Z. W., C. A. HACKETT, J. E. BRADSHAW, J. W. McNICOL and D. MILBOURNE, 2001. Construction of a genetic linkage map in tetraploid species using molecular markers. Genetics 157: 1369 1385.
- HACKETT, C. A., PANDE, B. and BRYAN, G. J. 2003. Constructing linkage maps in autotetraploid species using simulated annealing Theor. Appl. Genet. 106: 1107-1115.
- HACKETT, C.A., BRADSHAW, J.E. and MCNICOL, J.W. 2001. Interval mapping of QTLs in autotetraploid species. Genetics 159: 1819-1832.
Please contact Christine Hackett with any further queries you
may have about this software.